[Asterisk-Users] alsa issue with asound.conf

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Fri Sep 16 08:07:33 MST 2005

I am using alsa with asterisk.
The asound.conf is below.

When I start asterisk with /etc/asound.conf present I get errors on
the console that:
chan_alsa.c:304 alsa_card_init: snd_pcm_open failed: Invalid argument

If I remove the asound.conf asterisk starts up and works. However
I NEED the asound.conf for another application.

What might be the issue here?

THanks
jerry

/etc/asound.conf
-------------
# This is /etc/asound.conf
#
# this makes legacy OSS apps use alsa software mixing dmix
pcm.dsp0 {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "dmix"
}

# mixer0 can stay unchanged, because it isn't used anyway, I guess ? ;)
ctl.mixer0 {
    type hw
    card 0
}

# this makes native ALSA apps default to using dmix
pcm.!default {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "dmix"
}