[Asterisk-Users] USB Phones for use with Asterisk

Bill McCready (PCPhoneline.com) bmccready at pcphoneline.com
Thu Sep 15 18:48:44 MST 2005

> Hi all,
>
> I have a question that I was hoping someone could answer for me.
>
> I would like to find a USB phone that works with Asterisk... preferably
> one that does not have any issues with NAT.

RESPONSE:  This is Bill McCready from PCPhoneline.com .   I suggest you give
our VTA1000 Skype+SIP+IAX2 Gateway which is USB based with a good cordless
phone.

We offer several versions of the VTA1000 but this is the latest one we have
developed and it supports Skype + 10 x SIP + 10 x IAX2 networks all at the
same time and plugs into the USB port of a Windows 2000 or Windows XP
computer.   You can optionally disable Skype and/or the SIP calling
capabilities if you don't need them.   The VTA1000 is designed to work even
if your computer screen is powered off using it with a cordless phone of
course gives you the added advantage of not needing to be tied to your
computer to place and receive calls.   If you don't mind being tethered to a
computer we also have the VPT1000 phone available with the same capability
set.

You can find them in our Ebay store at http://stores.ebay.com/pcphoneline .
If you need a bunch of these and want a build specially tailored and branded
please private e-mail me with your requirements and we will do our best to
try to accomodate you.

Best regards...Bill