[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID for auto outgoing calls

Jim Gottlieb jimmy at nccom.com
Thu Sep 15 14:02:32 MST 2005

Hi.  I'm using /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing files to place automatic
calls, but I'm having trouble setting the Caller ID for the second half
of the call.

In other words, when we call the first number, we want the Caller ID
set to our number, but then when we connect them to the second number,
we want _their_ number to be the Caller ID.

I've tried the following (and various approximations):

Channel: Local/16193644799 at outtrunk
Callerid: 6193647100
MaxRetries: 5
RetryTime: 60
WaitTime: 60
Context: outtrunk
Extension: 16193647100
SetVar: CALLERIDNUM=6193644799

When it calls 6193644799, it properly shows a Caller ID of 6193647100.
But then when it dials 6193647100, it still shows Caller ID of
6193647100 instead of 6193644799.

What am I doing wrong?  How do I get the Caller ID set correctly for
the second half of the call?  I've tried various other variables but I
haven't been able to get anything to work.

Thanks.