[Asterisk-Users] Fax->Email for Hosted PBX

Alexander Lopez alex.lopez at opsys.com
Thu Sep 15 08:42:54 MST 2005

Best scenario does not route faxes over the IP network as a VoIP call.

You can either use spandsp as a fax on the Asterisk box, (has problems,
but the delveloper is behind solving them)

You can route the calls to a fax server located in the same colo via
tdm. (you can use HylaFax on Linix of any other solution.

I have used Fax over VoIP for about 2-3 years. Some machines can't
handle it. Others can.  Receiving has a higher success rate than
sending....