[Asterisk-Users] Routes IPSEc And Asterisk.

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Wed Sep 14 22:52:02 MST 2005

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005, Carlos Arnt wrote:

> Everything is perfect, but i have in point B now a C Network that comes over Router.
>
> Point B com see and interact with Point C , but point A can´t !!!!
>
> In number :
> Point A = 192.168.2.0/24
> Point B = 192.168.1.0/24
> Point C = 192.168.3.0/24
>
> Over ipsec i can ping from A to B and from B to A.
>
> From B i can ping C and from C ping B.
>
> But from A i can´t see C .
>
> Because C is not a VPN over Ipsec, it is only connected in my B network with address (192.168.1.254)
>
> I insert a route :
>
> route add -net 192.168.3.0/24 gw 192.168.1.254
>
> Then everyone from point B can see Point C.
>
> How make point A see C too ??

Either add static routes at A, B and C or you need to start using a
routing protocol such as RIP, OSPF, BGP etc to propagate the routing
information. For a three-node network without redundant links static
routes are a lot easier to set up.

Make sure packet routing is enabled on B. These days many operating
systems default to denying routing until explicitly enabled.

Peter