[Asterisk-Users] Echo on SPA-3000 FXO

Paul Dugas paul at dugas.cc
Wed Sep 14 11:42:37 MST 2005

I've had an spa3k in service here at the house for a while now.  After
some initial wrangling, it's been working okay.  I've had to reboot it a
couple times and have noticed something rather annoying though.

My setup is pretty simple and, dare I say, common.  I have the SPA-3000
"inline" between my incoming POTS line and the internal house phone.  It's
setup to deliver all calls (from the outside or internal phones) to my
asterisk (CVS HEAD) server.  The FXO is my default outbound path and I
have a VOIP provider as a secondary.

After rebooting the SPA-3000, the internal users of calls routed through
the FXO interface hear pretty bad echo.  This persists for days, maybe
more than a week.  At some point, the echo goes away.  I've noticed that,
when the echo is gone, I hear a rapid series of light clicks on the line
when placing a call; after dialing and before the remote end starts
ringing.  When the *is* echo, I'm not hearing the clicks.

Seems to me these clicks are part of the echo training.  How do I get this
to occur immediately after the SPA-3000 restarts?  Why do I have to wait
so long to get them started?

Paul
--
Paul Dugas, Computer Engineer           Dugas Enterprises, LLC
paul at dugas.cc     phone: 404-932-1355   522 Black Canyon Park