[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P stops answering

Andy Howell AndyHowell at austin.rr.com
Wed Sep 14 08:31:49 MST 2005

Leonardo Gomes Figueira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Andy Howell wrote:
>
>>I have a weird problem in which my digium card stops answering. After
>>running for a couple days, incoming calls are not seen. Running asterisk
>>-r shows no incoming calls. Restarting Asterisk does not help. After a
>>reboot it is fine.
>>
>>Any ideas?
>

> Do you have APIC enabled on the BIOS/kernel ?
>
> Try to disable it on the BIOS or with "noapic" on the kernel.
>
> I found out this was the cause of this problem here on a VIA motherboard
> and it was fixed with noapic. I just don't know why... :)

Leonardo,

	I have it APIC disabled. I thought that interupts might be the problem
from reading the voip wiki. I had the card in another machine, where I
first noticed the problem. After lots of messing around, I decided to go
with a machine that others said worked well. I'm now running on a Dell
Optiplex GX150 with 1Ghz CPU and 512MB of memory. The machine is
dedicated to asterisk.

At boot, the card is reported as:

Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F (4 modules)

I suppose I could just reboot nightly. Trouble is, there is no way to
detect that it is not working, other than trying to call in.

Outgoing calls continue to work.

Thanks,

	Andy