[Asterisk-Users] Limiting call minutes on a GSM SIM

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue Sep 13 22:17:31 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 07:01 +0200, Remco Barende wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm considering to buy a GSM bridge to save on GSM calls. Right now they
> are offering subscriptions with 200 minutes each month for almost nothing,
> however the 400 minutes subscriptions are considerably more expensive.
>
> Most GSM bridges can cater for 2 SIM cards, is there a way for Asterisk to
> run the first SIM card to it's max and then switch to the second? (If one
> call would overlap I wouldn't mind).
>
> Asterisk would have to keep track of the minutes called each month for a
> SIM (channel?). On most bridges you can select the SIM you want by a dial
> prefix.

I do not know about the specifics, but it seems to me that you would
need an AGI that would track the usage and compare that before placing a
call.  To switch I do not know how you tell the sim adapter which one to
use, but surely there must be a command somewhere, the mere fact that
agi allows you to script something like this fairly easily means that it
shouldnt be a big problem, assuming you code :)  And you can even pick
your favourite language given how the AGI talks to asterisk even
'unsupported' languages can be used.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378