[Asterisk-Users] Cisco AS5400 Configuration as a SIP Peer - URGENT

Leandro Tenorio leandro_tenorio at ciudad.com.ar
Tue Sep 13 17:54:38 MST 2005

K, I'll make a page under wiki when I have my password back (I forgot it), I
saw a lot of msg like this one.

	There are several ways to configure it, below is one for in/out.
BTW, In Cisco config's it's important to add security, to just let pass the
call from your asterisk, Qos, etc. (not included) anyway it will work with
this one.
	Some of the config in the Cisco isnt needed to run but the
troubleshooting will be easier
	Just another recommendation, try to use the latest IOS and Nextport
firmware with just the sw you need.

Sip.conf
[name]
Type=friend
Host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Insecure=very
	;Codecs you want to use
Disallow=all
Allow=g729
Allow=ulaw
Allow=alaw
DTMFMode=rfc2833

Cisco config
	!ISDN type
isdn switch-type primary-dms100

	!if you have several E1s/T1s you could want to make a trunk group
trunk group  OutTrunkGroup
	!how many call you want out
 max-calls voice 96 direction out
	!hunt scheme
 hunt-scheme least-used both up
!
voice service pots
	!to use T38 when fax is detected
 fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 1 hs-redundancy 1 fallback pass-through
g711ulaw
!
voice service voip
	!to use T38 when fax is detected
 fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 1 hs-redundancy 1 fallback pass-through
g711ulaw
 h323
 sip

!To define diferent codes in a priority order and group them
voice class codec 1
 codec preference 1 g729r8
 codec preference 2 g726r16
 codec preference 3 g723r63
 codec preference 4 g711u
 codec preference 5 g711a

!E1/T1 settings
controller T1 0
 framing esf
 clock source line primary
 linecode b8zs
 pri-group timeslots 1-24

controller T1 1
	!same as before

interface Serial0:23
 no ip address
 isdn switch-type primary-dms100
 isdn incoming-voice modem
 isdn send-alerting
 isdn bchan-number-order ascending
 isdn sending-complete
	!Trunk group previously defined
 trunk-group OutTrunkGroup
 no cdp enable
!
interface Serial1:23
	!same as before

voice-port 0:D
	echo-cancel coverage xx
	no comfort-noise
	no vad
	! Used for input gain
	input (in db)
	! Used for output attenuation
	output (in db)

voice-port 1:D
	! Same as before

!just if you use a GK in H323 environment and you need to register
interface Serial3:0 / ethernet0 / fastethernet0 / etc
 ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
 h323-gateway voip interface
 h323-gateway voip id GKNAME ipaddr xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 1719
 h323-gateway voip h323-id GWH323ID

!Incomming Calls First T1
dial-peer voice 1 pots
 preference 1
 direct-inward-dial
 port 0:D

!Incomming Calls Second T1
dial-peer voice 2 pots
 preference 1
 direct-inward-dial
 port 1:D

dial-peer voice 3 pots
 preference 1
	!Here you must set every DID you want to get to asterisk
	! (dots) are patterns to match
 incoming called-number 1. or called-number 718.

!Outgoing Calls to Trunkgroup
dial-peer voice 4 pots
 trunkgroup OutTrunkGroup
 huntstop
 preference 1
	! Unless define the digits to be stripped/added, in pots dialpeers,
the GW will not fw the digits you explicit before the . dot (in this case
the GW will just send everything after 1). am I clear? Sorry for my english
	! I strongly suggest to send to the GW some prefix and cut it here
just to be a little more secure.
 destination-pattern 1.

dial-peer voice 5 voip
 huntstop
	!matched digits in the pots inbound peer
 destination-pattern 718.
	!codecs defined at the beggining
 voice-class codec 1
 session protocol sipv2
 session target dns:dns-name-of-the-proxy or ipv4:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ipaddress
	!rfc2833 DTMF
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte

dial-peer voice 6 voip
 huntstop
 destination-pattern 718.
 voice-class codec 1
	!for H323
 session target ras
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte

dial-peer voice 7 voip
 incoming called-number 1.
 voice-class codec 1
 session target dns:dns-name-of-the-gk or ipv4:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ipaddress
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
!
dial-peer voice 8 voip
	!traffic from SIP proxy
 incoming called-number 1.
 voice-class codec 1
 session protocol sipv2
 session target dns:dns-name-of-the-proxy or ipv4:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ipaddress
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte

Hope this helps,