[Asterisk-Users] Fedora Core 4 not recognizing X100P cards

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Tue Sep 13 13:23:49 MST 2005

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 15:21:02 -0400, Shawn Porter wrote
> I am getting quite frustrated today, so please bear with me.
> I just installed Fedora Core 4 (was running RedHat 9 with a  working Asterisk)
> now my Fedora does not appear to be recognizing my X100P (clone) at all.
>
> Hardware browser just shows them as unknown device.  driver: hisax
> So, of course, my zaptel drivers do not work and therefore my asteriskdoes not work.

    The trick to installing X100P clones on FC is that since Kudzu always configures them as an hisax device, you have to add a line removing the hisax module from memory before loading the zaptel modules.  I inserted this into the start) section of /etc/init.d/zaptel

modprobe -r hisax >& /dev/null

    Now the zaptel modules can load properly.

--
Carlos Chavez
Director de Tecnología