[Asterisk-Users] Meetme Question

Doug Lytle support at drdos.info
Tue Sep 13 10:42:58 MST 2005

Accursio Avona wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'd like to use the w option of the meetme application.
> >From tiki i read:
>
> 'w' — wait until the marked user enters the conference
>
>    * All other connected users will hear MusicOnHold until the marked
>      user enters.
>
> The question is, how can i indicate the "marked user"?

A quick search of the archives reveals:

niles at atheos.net wrote:

> On Aug 24, 2005, at 11:21 AM, Doug Lytle wrote:
>

>> Create an extension that the user to be marked knows about, maybe
>> even have it authenticate, mark the user and drop them into the
>> conference.
>>
>> Doug
>

> If the Marked user isn't the first to enter the channel, then how does
> the MeetMe app know to put all other
> users on hold until Marked user arrives? This is still unclear to me.

Example:

meetme.conf

conf => 1000

extensions.conf

; ** Normal users enter the conference here **
exten => 4823,1,SetMusicOnHold(random)
exten => 4823,2,Meetme(|Msciw)
exten => 4823,3,Hangup()

; ** Extension to mark conference users*

exten => 4824,1,Authenticate(12345)
exten => 4824,2,Meetme(|Asci)
exten => 4824,3,Hangup()

Users using extension 4823 and entering conference 1000 will listen to
hold music until the marked users enters.

Users using extension 4824 and entering a password of 12345 will be able
to select conference 1000 as the marked user.

Doug