[Asterisk-Users] NAT and SIP.conf update.

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Tue Sep 13 10:34:03 MST 2005

What are you talking about?

In addition to having the dyndns account you have to update thier
servers with your info regardless of how many times your link goes up or
down.

There are many software packages that will do this for you and in some
distro's the app is included. Hell, even my linksys router has a dyndns
update client in it.

I have been using dyndns for my asterisk server for well over 18 months
and have never (knowingly) missed a call or been unable to contact my box.

Mark

canuck15 wrote:
> I don't recommend anyone use free dyndns via router support.  If you reboot
> your router more than once or twice in a month or have a power outage or
> whatever dyndns stops updating the IP automatically and will cancel your
> account for too much activity.  You won't know it for a few weeks until they
> send you an email saying your account will expire in a week unless you go to
> the site and ask them nicely to reset it.  Not a big deal to do that but it
> becomes annoying when it keeps happening over and over.
>
> Using a software IP updater on a workstation or server seems to work much
> better.

Mark, G7LTT/KC2ENI
Randolph, NJ
http://www.g7ltt.com