[Asterisk-Users] TDMoE Configuration problems

Kevin Bockman asterisk at wunderkin.com
Tue Sep 13 09:26:21 MST 2005

Hi all,

I'm having some problems getting TDMoE setup for the 1st time.  I have a
TE405P installed in the main server with an  ethernet cross-connection
to the secondary machine.

(Yes, I know about IAX2 but I want to use TDMoE to simulate using T1s.)

I'm using -HEAD from yesterday.

On the main machine
/etc/zaptel.conf:
loadzone = us
defaultzone=us
dynamic=eth,eth1/00:30:48:84:74:25,24,0
bchan=1-23
dhcan=24

/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf:
under [channels]:
signalling=pri_net
switchtype=5ess
callerid=asreceived
group=1
context=default
channel => 1-23

*CLI> zap show status
Description                              Alarms     IRQ        bpviol
   CRC4
T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1                OK                  0
0          0
T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 2                UNCONFIGUR          0
0          0
T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 3                UNCONFIGUR          0
0          0
T4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 4                UNCONFIGUR          0
0          0
Dynamic 'eth' span at 'eth1/00:30:48:84· RED                 0
0          0

*CLI> pri show span 1
Primary D-channel: 24
Switchtype: Lucent 5E
Type: Network
Window Length: 0/7
Sentrej: 0
SolicitFbit: 0
Retrans: 0
Busy: 0
Overlap Dial: 0
T200 Timer: 1000
T203 Timer: 10000
T305 Timer: 30000
T308 Timer: 4000
T313 Timer: 4000
N200 Counter: 3

Current zaptel modules loaded:
ztd_eth                 6660  0
ztdynamic              10452  1 ztd_eth
wct4xxp               104000  24
zaptel                223236  54 ztdynamic,wct4xxp

----
On the secondary machine
/etc/zaptel.conf:
dynamic=eth,eth1/00:30:48:76:27:5D,24,1
bchan=1-23
dchan=24

/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf:
under [channels]:
signalling=pri_cpe
switchtype=5ess
callerid=asreceieved
group=1
context=default
channel => 1-23

*CLI> zap show status
Description                              Alarms     IRQ        bpviol
   CRC4
Dynamic 'eth' span at 'eth1/00:30:48:76· RED                 0
0          0

*CLI> pri show span 1
Primary D-channel: 24
Switchtype: Lucent 5E
Type: CPE
Window Length: 0/7
Sentrej: 0
SolicitFbit: 0
Retrans: 0
Busy: 0
Overlap Dial: 0
T200 Timer: 1000
T203 Timer: 10000
T305 Timer: 30000
T308 Timer: 4000
T313 Timer: 4000
N200 Counter: 3

Current zaptel modules loaded:
ztd_eth                 7012  0
ztdynamic              11572  1 ztd_eth
wct4xxp                89312  0
zaptel                225444  54 ztdynamic,wct4xxp

Also, I'm not seeing any activity anymore on eth1.  I used to, but even
then it still didn't work.

Do I not have the correct modules loaded?  I'm pretty sure the how-to
didn't go into deal about which should be loaded, just to "load the
correct ones".

Thanks,

Kevin Bockman