[Asterisk-Users] actionID on manager events

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Tue Sep 13 09:17:18 MST 2005

Hello, all!

I'm looking at the wiki page and info on the mailing list and I'm getting
conflicting info...

I am using the manager API from the telnet CLI and I am testing creating calls
with it.  I login with events: on and I can originate calls just fine.

However, when I set ActionID on an Originate, I cannot see anywhere where that
actionid carries into the Event output.

But I found this on a post from January:
   Yes, ActionID is a value you can use when issuing a command.  It there so
	that you can be sure you respond to your own responses not to someone else's
	or that you respond to an response instance in the correct way.  In a
	multi-threaded app you might have several actions outstanding so you will
	need to know what response corresponds to which command.

Which indicates that the actionid should be coming through.  Is there perhaps
some setting I'm missing?

Thanks!

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
	Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.