[Asterisk-Users] Integration between Asterisk and Siemens HiCom 150e over ISDN

Simon D cyberenergy2k at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 13 06:14:20 MST 2005

Hi,

I am looking to integrate Asterisk with a Siemens HiCom 150e via BRI and
wondered if anyone is able to offer any advice.

In simplistic terms, my goal is to pass calls from the HiCom to the Asterisk
box. e.g: HiCom user dials access code and can call Asterisk extension or
establish SIP call over Internet.  Likewise, I'd like Asterisk to be able to
present a call to the Hicom, either Asterisk extension calling HiCom
extension, or an incoming Sipgate call presented to the HiCom, for example.

My hardware:

- Asterisk:

I have an Asterisk box configured with 1x Sitecom DC105 PCI ISDN Card (HFC
chipset, TE/NT capable). [and 2x X100P Analogue FXOs, but that's not
relevant here]

My understanding is that I should configure the ISDN card in NT mode and
power the bus with an NT1, or will a crossover cable in to the HiCom
suffice?  Reference to NT1's and line power here:
http://isdn.jolly.de/download/v3.0/PBX4Linux-3.0.pdf

- Siemens HiCom 150e:

I currently have a HiCom 150e switch with digital and analogue stations and
an analogue trunk card (TLA4).
I also have an STLS4 card.  Initially, I thought this would be the answer to
my prayers but now am not so sure...
According to http://www.webco.com/siemens/interfaces.html, my STLS4 is
defined as the following:

"Connects up to 4 ISDN S0 terminals (8 channels) for data equipment and
video conferencing applications to the OfficePoint or OfficeCom. Connected
devices must provide their own power. Some special wiring for the ISDN S0
device connection is required. Also requires connection of ISDN BRI trunks
(TMQ4) for network access."

Documentation on ISDN BRI:
http://web2.tac.siemenscom.com/pub/150e/Config/Note020.pdf
Documentation on ISDN S0 Device Install:
http://web2.tac.siemenscom.com/pub/150e/Config/Note009.pdf

I can't figure out if the SLTS4 is the correct card for my requirements, or
do I need a TMQ4 *as well* or a TMQ4 *instead*?..

Trawling through previous posts, I've found reference to the STLS4 here:
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2005-January/081449.html

Is anyone able to help?

Many thanks in advance,

Simon