[Asterisk-Users] NAT and SIP.conf update.

razza rjames31 at btopenworld.com
Tue Sep 13 03:39:13 MST 2005

Ray Wrote:
>> I'm sure if you use a DNS in SIP.CONF for your external IP this is
>> only
>> resolved when loaded?

Jens:
>This might be true - for me there's only other Asterisk servers
>connecting from the outside using IAX, and that works fine.

IAX is different! So back to sip, assuming if externip in sip.conf is
only resolved when it's loaded and the resolved address is then used ad
infinitum in all sip conversations, then the best method is for the SIP
modules to be recoded to resolve the name at the start of each
(external) sip conversation?

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: