[Asterisk-Users] ChanSpy

Alex Kauffmann akauffma at prodigy.net.mx
Mon Sep 12 19:28:11 MST 2005

We got it to work by setting the SPYGROUP variable before every dial command
for each group to be monitored and before the call to ChanSpy by the quality
agents.  The way I understood the example, both have to "belong" to the same
SPYGROUP.  So for 2 different groups, crm and sales, we use:

[crm-agents-site2]

exten => _[1-6]XXX,1,SetVar(SPYGROUP=CRM)

exten => _[1-6]XXX,2,Dial(IAX2/g2/${EXTEN},15,tTwW)

.

[sales-agents-site2]

exten => _[1-6]XXX,1,SetVar(SPYGROUP=SALES)

exten => _[1-6]XXX,2,Dial(IAX2/g2/${EXTEN},15,tTwW)

.

[app-chanspy-crm-agents]

exten => _*53,1,SetVar(SPYGROUP=CRM)

exten => _*53,2,ChanSpy(|g(CRM)q)

.

[app-chanspy-sales-agents]

exten => _*54,1,SetVar(SPYGROUP=SALES)

exten => _*54,2,ChanSpy(|g(SALES)q)

.

You could setup a single app which will prompt you for which group to
monitor and set the variable accordingly.  You could even password protect
each group to selectively allow access.  We found that you can do the same
on the inbound leg of a call to a queue by setting the variable before the
queue command and monitor inbound calls as well.