[Asterisk-Users] monitor peak channel use

Rod Bacon rod.bacon at empoweredcomms.com.au
Mon Sep 12 17:14:08 MST 2005

I use Nagios to monitor everything on my network, including * channel usage.

Google for the nagios check_asterisk plugin as a starting point.

It's a simple perl script that could be run without nagios if desired (eg, from
a cron job). It can connect to a server via the management interface, check
channel usage and perform an action based on usage figures.

We also have another script that does a similar thing, but connects and stays
connected. It polls the server(s) every X seconds, and writes the usage into a
MySQL database, so we have a live list of channel usage across all our servers.

It also writes RRDs...

Rod Bacon
Empowered Communications
Ground Floor, 102 York St. South Melbourne
Victoria, Australia. 3205
Phone: +613 99401600    Fax: +613 99401650
FWD: 512237                   ICQ: 5662270