[Asterisk-Users] early dial (grandstream bt100)

Conrad Wood asterisk-users at conradwood.net
Mon Sep 12 16:47:36 MST 2005

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get early dial to work with our grandstream 100 phones.
The phones use SIP, asterisk is 1-0-5 on debian GNU/Linux (sarge).
Outside connections are via 2 ISDN BRI (British Telecom) lines using 2
billion isdn cards
and bristuff.

The phones are set up to be in context [internalphone].

I numbered all the internal extension with _6XX
That works well with early dial. As soon as the 3rd digit is dialed, the
phone connects to the internal extension.

I also have an extension like so:

exten => _9X.,1,Goto(dialout,${EXTEN},1)

[dialout]
exten => _X.,1, <magic agi scripts to resolve callerid for billing
purposes>
... takes about 1 sec to complete....
exten =< _X,7,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN}

I have overlapdial = yes in zapata.conf.
When I dial the 1st digit AFTER 9 it starts to dial and fails because
the number is incomplete.

How do others do early dial? I'm sure I'm missing something bluntly
obvious, but I can't figure out what.
I thought of setting the phones to DTMF inband, so that the digits are
passed to the exchange, but that seems awfully messy.

(btw. I did read the wiki and the SIP-Invite stuff is actually working
on my grandstream firmware)

Any clues, anyone?

Thank you,

Conrad