[Asterisk-Users] AGI + Ruby

joe heitzeberg jheitzeb at alum.mit.edu
Mon Sep 12 15:11:23 MST 2005

Hi Dan,

Being able to run your call handler and your MVC web application in
the same process and language has some great code reuse implications.
I'm sure if you are building your web app in Perl and want to leverage
that logic with an Asterisk app, then you would do exactly what you
are saying.

Without getting into a language or framework debate, I'll just say
that Ruby on Rails has some great advantages over Perl and even Java
for building database backed web applications quickly... so RAGI is
just an API for Ruby and Ruby on Rails developers to bring Asterisk
into the app... and letting you tap into your object models and DBs
for reuse.

For more on Ruby on Rails, check out:  http://www.rubyonrails.org

Joe

<snip>