[Asterisk-Users] CallerID Name in dialplan

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Mon Sep 12 14:01:11 MST 2005

I have had good luck with this:

exten => 1000,1,SetCallerID(YourMessageHere)

works fine on my phones (Snoms) but the problem there is that SetCallerID
only works from the perspective of the callee. A hack might be to make a
.call file that the user instantiates from a web page that calls the
extension and then bridges the contexta to voicemail, then SetCallerID would
work (or caller ID in the .call file itself)

Otherwise, something like that would have to be provided by the phone itself
or pushed out-of-band to the phone (Ciscos can do this, can't they?)