[Asterisk-Users] Skype purchased by Ebay 2.6 Billion

Steve Kennedy steve-asterisk at gbnet.net
Mon Sep 12 13:04:22 MST 2005

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 07:30:56PM +0100, Iqbal wrote:

> 70 million users, now how many of these are ALREADY ebay customers.
> Google never made a succes out of any other thing other than search and
> that will remain the case, companies never do, they are usually good at
> what they started at, especially if they grow very big, then they
> decided they may as well do everything, which is where their own success
> starts to eat away at them.

Ebay doesn't have lots of users in territories that Skype does (Nordic
and South America for one).

Skype will utilise PayPal for all payment systems.

There'll be increased integration with Ebay and Skype for certain Ebay
sites.

Whether it's worth the money they paid, who knows? I'm sure the Skype
founders are happy, as are the investors who put in $35m.

Steve

--
NetTek Ltd  Fax +44-(0)20 7483 2455
Skype / In  stevekennedyuk / UK +442088167166 / US +13106518226