[Asterisk-Users] optimizing for via C3

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Mon Sep 12 12:55:31 MST 2005

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 10:44:30PM +0300, Konrads Smelkovs wrote:
> Rumour has it, that C3 performance is poor. You don't expect anything
> but low power, small form factor OpenOffice running xface on C3. C3 is
> cheap and low power.

Still, code should perform noticebly better when reordered for that CPU,
right? And it does support a number of extra instructions that could be
handy here, right?

I also wonder if the calculations used by "show translations" would be
as badly affected by the small cache size that CPU has. I tried running
'show translation recalc' a number of times in a row, and the results
remained unchanged.