[Asterisk-Users] Callerid UK patches (from Lusyn)

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Sep 12 09:13:12 MST 2005

Paul Goodyear wrote:
> I am on UK Cable (Telewest) will this callerid patch work with the
> cable caller id?

It's probably not needed.  Cable companies in the UK use a different
form of callerid which is closer to bell than the BT format.

Depending on your cable company/area you may be using either Bell or V23
signalling - both are in asterisk as standard now.

Unfortunately it's not a per-company setting it's pretty randomly
distributed (not sure why.. just seems to be that way), so you'll have
to play a bit.

For my line (Bulldog/Cable&Wireless network) I use:

usecallerid=yes
cidsignalling=v23
cidstart=ring

ie. v23 after first ring... this works without patches.

If your CID is coming in before the first ring you'll need the patches.

Tony