[Asterisk-Users] wctdm module won't load after kernel upgrade

Dionisis Koumouras dionisis.koumouras at cyberstream.gr
Mon Sep 12 06:12:55 MST 2005

Hi all,

I have installed a TDM22B on an IBM xSeries 220 with FedoraCore 3 and setup asterisk cvs head to work properly.

A few days ago, I tried to update the system kernel to 2.6.12 from 2.6.9 and also to change to asterisk stable 1.0.9.
After compiling zaptel and asterisk, i loaded zaptel and tried to load the wctdm module but this failed with the following message:

Notice: Configuration file is /etc/zaptel.conf
line 206: Unable to open master device '/dev/zap/ctl'

I checked /dev/ and there is no /zap directory but, instead, some devices that look relevant like zap1, zap2 etc.

Obviously, if boot with the older kernel, wctdm will not load either.

Any help is welcome
Thanks in advance,

dionisis