[Asterisk-Users] Echo Issue

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Sep 10 20:06:53 MST 2005

> I know this subjeact has been beaten in here so much, but, here is my issue.
>
> I have a TDM400 with 2 ports tied into our telco lines. I have run fxotune on the lines, and
have got the conf file in my /etc
> folder. I have fxotune loading in my startup right after the drivers load up, then asterisk
loads up.

> Problem! When calling out, we get a horible echo for about 20-40 seconds before it starts to
die off, and the calls becomre
> normal. I have played with the echocancel and the echotraining settings, and I still can not
get the echo to go away. Also,
> when tring to call out, i always seem to get a message that calls can not be compleated as
dialed. However, when I switch
> to pulsdial=yes, then, all the calls start going out ok, its almost like the touchtones are
not being recognized properly. Its hit
> and miss. I have even tried adjusting the rxgain and txgain.
> I have a asterisk system at home, and i dont have this echo problem...
>
> I really need to get this system up and running, and, im at a loss as to what to try next.

Paste a copy of your current fxo settings from zapata.conf

Do you have any clue how far you are from the CO?  What city & state?

Have you played around with the different echo cancellers and
the agressive canceler option?

Which asterisk version are you using (stable or head, which ver)?

Are you using sip phones when you hear echo, fxs modules on that
same TDM card, or a soft phone (which one)?

Paste a copy of the extensions.conf section that dials out (when
you have the 'cannot be completed' message.

When you dial out on a zap/fxo channel, what does the CLI output
for the 'zap show channel xxxxx' show, where xxxxs is the channel
in use for that call?

When you made changes to the zapata.conf file, did you stop and
restart asterisk?