[Asterisk-Users] Configuring SIPURA 2002 to work wih Asterisk

Paul Conn paulconn at pathwayz.com
Sat Sep 10 14:14:45 MST 2005

I'm setting up Asterisk for the first time.  I purchased a SIPURA 2002 ATA
to connect with the Asterisk server.

In the /var/log/asterisk/messages log I keep getting an error indicating
wrong password.  Below is the error I am receiving.  Note that the IP
address and username has been modified for security.

Sep 10 15:56:22 NOTICE[24099] chan_sip.c: Registration from 'John Doe
<sip:username at server.domainname.tld >' failed for '192.168.1.5' - Wrong
password

In the sip.conf file under the extensions I have the secret set the same way
as the password in the SIPURA 2002 GUI under the LINE 1 parameters.  Anyone
successfully configured the SIPURA 2002 to work with Asterisk OR does anyone
know of any help documents (other than the SIPURA PDF) that explains the
configuration of the 2002 for use with asterisk?

Thanks!

Paul