[Asterisk-Users] Motherboard and processor recommendations

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Fri Sep 9 07:55:52 MST 2005

I also agree. You want a raid controller that has it's own CPU. You want
hot spare, hot swapping, status lights, etc. to be handled by that
controller. If you have a hot spare you want automatic cutover to that
spare drive. You are not limited to SCSI with these controllers. Some
manufactures offer ide and sata versions. If you want hot swap
capability be sure to do your homework. Some drive hardware advertised
as hot-swap capable might not work properly with the controller you select.