[Asterisk-Users] Re: spandsp txfax multi page problem

Nenad Radosavljevic nenadr at deltaplan.co.yu
Fri Sep 9 05:58:28 MST 2005

Hi !

I have a same problem here, tried even more different versions of *,
libtiff, spandsp, and lot of different hardware (X100P,TE110P,mISDN ISDN
BRI, and TDM400) and a lot of different faxes (but mostly Panasonic ones) on
a various landlines (over couple of POTS lines, over ISDN BRI where
receiving FAX is connected to the NT1 device with POTS ports, over Panasonic
PBX that is connected to Telco over ISDN PRI, and the fax is PBXs
extension).

Result is more or less same: First page OK and without visible problem on
paper, but after that, receiving fax machine just hangs up, and spandsp
reports a bad quality signal. I have actualy managed to send 2 or 3
different multipaged faxes (tiffs generated by some Windows TIFF printer
driver that has FAX resolutions and image coding support), but ONLY to a one
model of Panasonic FAX machine (which is obviously not good enough :( ).

On the other hand, all those fax machines I have tried are receiving
multupage faxes from other fax machines without any problems.

Judging from what I have read from Steve (author of spandsp) posts here and
replies to my emails, the problem is somewhere in proces of retraining
between pages (i.e. receiving fax machine say that signal is not good
enough, but it will continue to receive after retraining, and spandsp
doesn't retrain for some reason in that case). Anyway, that is as far as I
have got with app_txfax. On the other hand, app_RXfax is doing great job on
X100P and on TE110P in my case.

Regards,
                Nenad Radosavljevic