[Asterisk-Users] remote SIP phones

Gary Smith gary at pbltd.net
Fri Sep 9 04:24:29 MST 2005

Hi,

I am looking for some suggestion on getting remote SIP phone connected to an
asterisk server where their is a NAT on the remote home users network/remote
site and whether I need the asterisk box on a public IP.

I know their is some problem with SIP and NAT (Although certainly not an expert)
and some routers are coming out that have a built in SIP proxy. I would like to
have 2 or more SIP phones on each remote site with using an asterisk server on each.

Has anyone implemented these types of scenarios. These will be connected to DSL
lines most with Static IP addresses but some do not. If we need to replace DSL
routers then thats not a problem.

Just looking for a heads up really.

BTW: Would it be easier using H323 connections?

Thanks

--
Gary