[Asterisk-Users] MAX PRI for single server

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Thu Sep 8 23:05:46 MST 2005

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005, Matthew Boehm wrote:

> Jason Becker wrote:
> > Hmm, looks like someone "in the know" needs to update the wiki:
> >
> > http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Digium+DS3000P
>
> 	Wow. Guess I'm not.
>
> 	I've got a 4 port PRI card in this brand new Dell 1850 3.0Ghz Xeon with
> 2GB RAM and I run an average of 50-60% CPU usage with just 47 calls. All
> G711.

Yow and Huh?

I have test 3.0GHz systems - Intel Desktop board.

I've been testing with a TE405P with looped ports - 1 to 3, 2 to 4.  My
test is 20 second long calls with one side playing music on hold, the
other playing gsm prompts.  All channels full (60 calls out, 60 in).

The system runs just under 40% CPU load - 1/2 system time, half user.
This is with echo cancellation turned off.

Incidentally, I successfully ran more than 3,000,000 calls through this
hookup over a week and it was completely solid.

I did try two TE405P with 8 looped spans - that did pretty much use up the
CPU, but subjective call quality was still fine.

Steve