[Asterisk-Users] sending fax

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Thu Sep 8 23:04:47 MST 2005

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 06:42:49PM -0500, Chris Shipman wrote:
>     I started working on a program using Ghostscript and Redmon to generate
> the tif in windows by a printer.
> So far I am using FTP to transfer the tiff and call file.  At least until I
> figure something better out.

Why don't you look at IPP (Internet Printing Protocol)? a protocol for
submitting jobs over HTTP of some sort. Server is already implemented in
e.g. cups.

HTTP allows a nice header with some extra fields. I wonder if that can
be abused to get the call information through. (and am I re-inventing
some wheels in the process?)