[Asterisk-Users] sending fax

Wiley Siler wsiler at education2020.com
Thu Sep 8 17:49:43 MST 2005

Google can translate if that helps...

________________________________

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Chris Shipman
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2005 4:44 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] sending fax

    Thanks, but I can't read Spanish.

Chris

	----- Original Message -----
	From: Il Neofita <mailto:asteriskmail at gmail.com>
	Sent: Monday, September 05, 2005 2:14 PM

	Hi,
	I found on a forum a script that "emulate a hylafax" this is the linkhttp://www.vocesuip.com/viewtopic.php?p=2423 <http://www.vocesuip.com/viewtopic.php?p=2423>
	You can use the WHFC in order to send a fax to asterisk.

	On 9/5/05, Harald Klein <hari at vt100.at> wrote:

		Hi Chris, Hi Arne,

		Am 5.9.2005 schrieb "Chris Shipman" <listmail at odisok.net>:
		>    I've  seen some programs that install as a printer and create an image.
		>However this would be to cumbersome for your average user.
		>It would need to be able to print to as local printer and then send out
		>Asterisk.

		What about:

		Client with Postscript printer driver
		Some kind of a printing system (samba with lpr[ng] and/or cups etc.) to
		access the fax-printer via smb/cifs/lpr/ipp/whatever..
		Output filter for the fax-printer to convert Postscript to tiff and
		generate
		a call file with App txfax...

		The problem is to tell the printer the number to fax to...
		You can grep in the Postscript file for a predefined string (for example
		"Fax Recpient Nr") and generate some matching templates in your office
		suite..

		Search for HylaFax solutions, they are pretty much the same...

		Hari

		>Chris

		To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit:

	To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: