[Asterisk-Users] sending fax

Chris Shipman listmail at odisok.net
Thu Sep 8 16:44:03 MST 2005

    Thanks, but I can't read Spanish.

Chris

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Il Neofita
  Sent: Monday, September 05, 2005 2:14 PM
  Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] sending fax

  Hi,
  I found on a forum a script that "emulate a hylafax" this is the linkhttp://www.vocesuip.com/viewtopic.php?p=2423
  You can use the WHFC in order to send a fax to asterisk.

  On 9/5/05, Harald Klein <hari at vt100.at> wrote:

    Hi Chris, Hi Arne,

    Am 5.9.2005 schrieb "Chris Shipman" <listmail at odisok.net>:
    >    I've  seen some programs that install as a printer and create an image.
    >However this would be to cumbersome for your average user.
    >It would need to be able to print to as local printer and then send out
    >Asterisk.

    What about:

    Client with Postscript printer driver
    Some kind of a printing system (samba with lpr[ng] and/or cups etc.) to
    access the fax-printer via smb/cifs/lpr/ipp/whatever..
    Output filter for the fax-printer to convert Postscript to tiff and
    generate
    a call file with App txfax...

    The problem is to tell the printer the number to fax to...
    You can grep in the Postscript file for a predefined string (for example
    "Fax Recpient Nr") and generate some matching templates in your office
    suite..

    Search for HylaFax solutions, they are pretty much the same...

    Hari

    >Chris

    To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit:

  To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: