[Asterisk-Users] Multiple Line Appearances / Why use this?

Flobi flobi.com at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 12:17:35 MST 2005

If you're talking about what I think you are, the usefulness is this:
 Call waiting: 2 line appeances, 1 for the current call, 1 for the incoming
call
3-way calling: 2 line appeances, 1 for the current call (on hold), 1 for the
new call
Call waiting with a call on hold and a call active: 3 line appearances: 1
for current call, 1 for call on hold, 1 for incoming call waiting call
3-way calling with call waiting (if the box is doing it's own 3-way): 3
appearances: 2 for the active calls, 1 incoming
dual callwaiting: 3 appearances: 1 current call, 2 incoming calls
you busy as hell and not even on the phone: 3 incoming calls...each it's own
line appearance
 Now, whether your Polycom actually supports all these or not, I don't know.
My Cisco does.

 On 9/8/05, Kenny Kant <kennyk74 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I apologize for the double post. I am curious as to
> what the usefullness is of the multiple line
> appearance feature on Polycom phones. I setup our
> phones to register one line per extension but I hear
> the IP501's can do three line appearances. Why and
> how could this feature be applied?
>
> Thanks again all.
>
> Kenny

Automated Signature: This message is from Flobi of Flobi.com<http://Flobi.com>
.
Visit my website if you like: http://www.flobi.com/

Please remember to tip your waitress and bartender. They are doing their
best to serve you and your indignant, malcontent attitude.