[Asterisk-Users] How to increase delay before incoming call answer with tdm400p

Flobi flobi.com at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 06:19:24 MST 2005

If you're talking about asterisk actually doing anything with the call on a
logical basis (i.e. processing your dialplan), "wait" will halt that. Actual
detection (as recorded in CDR) and acknowledment (via the lower level
SIP/IAX/etc to the requester) begins when the call is received and the
"wait" will not halt that. You would have to have the delay before the call
actually got to asterisk...which would be an issue with whatever you have
sending the call to asterisk.

On 9/8/05, taf taffey <tafsjunk at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> If I use the wait command won't this intercept the
> inbound call?
>
> I want the call to stay on the pstn line for 10
> seconds before asterisk detects the inbound call.
>
> Taff.
>
> --- "Olle E. Johansson" <oej at edvina.net> wrote:
>
> > taf taffey wrote:
> > > Is there a way of increasing the delay before
> > asterisk
> > > picks up the incoming PSTN call?
> > >
> > > I'm using a tdm400p with fxo card. It seems to
> > pick up
> > > the inbound call immediately. I want to delay
> > > detecting the call by about 10 secs if poss.
> > >
> > > Done some searching but couldn't find anything
> > > relevant.
> > It's simple. Just do "show application wait" in your
> > friendly and
> > helpful Asterisk CLI and you will see.
> >
> > Regards,
> > /Olle
> >
> > ---
> > Astricon 2005 - where you will learn more about the
> > dial plan!
> > http://www.astricon.net/2005/ - October 12-14
> > Anaheim, CA, USA

Automated Signature: This message is from Flobi of Flobi.com<http://Flobi.com>
.
Visit my website if you like: http://www.flobi.com/

Please remember to tip your waitress and bartender. They are doing their
best to serve you and your indignant, malcontent attitude.