[Asterisk-Users] asterisk frequently dead

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Sep 7 19:58:15 MST 2005

On Wednesday 07 September 2005 22:56, stevanus wrote:
> My asterisk is frequently dead by itself.
>
> It leaves messages:
>
> /usr/sbin/safe_asterisk: line 40: 24890 Segmentation fault      (core
> dumped) asterisk ${CLIARGS} ${ASTARGS} >&/dev/${TTY} </dev/${TTY}
> Asterisk ended with exit status 139
> Asterisk exited on signal 11.
> Automatically restarting Asterisk.
>
> Anyone has any idea of the cause?

Someone new who's left us a wealth of information so we can diagnose the
problem quickly and help him find a timely solution.

<sigh>

When you take your car to the mechanic, do you simply say "It's broken.  It
doesn't run the way it should." or do you give him some details.  In this
case:

- Distribution of Linux
- Source of your Asterisk binaries (distribution packages, did you compile
yourself?)
- Version of Asterisk
- Has it ever worked
- Can you pinpoint what causes it to crash

I mean honestly, how do you expect us to help?

-A.