[Asterisk-Users] Motherboard and processor recommendations

canuck15 canuck15 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 7 17:46:30 MST 2005

Regarding Chipsets/Motherboards.  I would stay FAR away from cheap ones.
Any chipset/motherboard that electrically and logically separates some PCI
slots (ie. interrupts) from onboard peripherals (network controller, VGA,
USB etc.) makes compatibility issues with Digium cards much less likely.
Many of the newer Intel chipsets do this.

The Xeon chipsets/motherboards are the best IMHO because they usually have
PCI-X slots connected directly to the memory controller hub, that you can
put your Digium card(s) in, which are completely separate from the
peripherals and PCI slots on the I/O controller hub.