[Asterisk-Users] Need Help - Losing first few seconds of call when using Broadvoice

Nikunj Kothari nkothari at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 7 17:46:07 MST 2005

Hi, I am fairly new at Asterisk, but have been using Asterisk at Home for a
few months now. I have 3 Polycom IP600 phones running with Broadvoice and
Voipjet services. When I place calls to the PSTN, I am losing the first few
seconds of the call. This is especially true with the SIP client,
Broadvoice. I have tested it by calling my fax machine. It seems that when
the fax machine rings, I am hearing nothing on my Polycom, but when it
connects on the fax is when I here a ring. This is the length of the delay.
Usually I miss the greeting of the party I have called when using
Broadvoice. When I use the IAX client, Voipjet, the delay is fairly
negligible. I am using a DLink DGL-4300 router, which has been advertised as
a "Gaming Router". It offers an upstream QOS, as well as port forwarding. I
have used and removed both for testing purposes. Any help at all will be not
only appreciated, but will help my very tired eyes after searching the net
for any answers to previous questions of this type.