[Asterisk-Users] Polycom 300 with latest 1.5.3 firmware not registering

Jorge Alayon j.alayon at ses.com.ar
Wed Sep 7 06:34:21 MST 2005

Hello,

I got 3 Polycom 300 phones, and upgraded to the latest firmware provided by the reseller.

This is my first experience with Polycom and I cannot make them register in my Asterisk Box.

I followed every advice I found (including separating [user] and [peer] in sip.conf.

Using ethereal, I found that it tries to SUBSCRIBE to the asterisk box and it receives a 403 FORBIDDEN message.

I compared to a Grandstream registration, and it tries to REGISTER to the asterisk receiving a 200 Message response and effectively registering.

Finding in the packet capture no other great difference, I believe that SUBSCRIBE requires a different authentification approach, maybe related to the voIpProt.SIP.requestValidation.digest.realm parameter in sip.cfg. I Tried the Polycom default, empty, default (voicemail context), from-internal (Extension context), the IP of the asterisk box, the name of the asterisk box, asterisk, etc, with no result. I tried different approaches documented in the wiki and related pages with no result. I can makke calls but I cannot receive them.

I've seen mails stating that some installations have more than 100 phones working perfectly, can someone point me in the right direction to solve this ?

Regards,

Jorge A.