[Asterisk-Users] queues

altus altus at stormcorp.co.za
Tue Sep 6 22:56:55 MST 2005

Good day all
I need some help with queues please.
I know how to do a rounrobin in the queues.conf but I dont think its
going to work in this situation
Got got a IVR setup and option 3 is sales
The sales people are 101,102,103,104 and the switchboard is 100
The trick comes is
The 1st call for extension 3 goes to 101,but if 101 does not answer in
20 it goes to the switchboard,100
Then the second call of the day goes to 102,if not answer in 20s it goes
to the switchboard,100
and so on and then just starts over again.
Do I uses queues for this and then how?If I put it in a queues.conf and
a roundroben,wont it then just try 101,and if not answer then 102 and if
no answer 103...and so on?
This is my queses.conf

[general]

[default]
[example_queue]
music = default
strategy = roundrobin
context = queue-out ; Here we go when the caller presses a single digit,
while in the queue
timeout = 20
wrapuptime=10
announce-frequency = 30
announce-holdtime = yes
joinempty = yes
member => SIP/101
member => SIP/102
member => SIP/103
member => SIP/104

and my extensions.conf

exten => 3,1,Playback(some_announce)
exten => 3,2,Queue(example_queue|tT|||20)
exten => 3,3,Dial(SIP/100)

aph
raph
