[Asterisk-Users] Working example of ALERT_INFO with Cisco ATAs?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Tue Sep 6 21:36:53 MST 2005

I am wondering if there are any tricks getting the Cisco ATAs to do
"distinctive rings" via the ALERT_INFO variable?

I have seen some contradictory information in the Wiki, and I tried the
example there.  I then sniffed the connection between the server and the
ATA and didn't see the header sent like it is "supposed" to be.

If someone out there has a handle on this and would be willing to help,
I'd sure appreciate it.

I'm doing this right now with ARA; the table entry in question looks
like this (sorry about linewrap):

  exten  | priority |      app       |         appdata
  brianc | 1        | SetMusicOnHold | native-random
  brianc | 2        | SetVar         | ALERT_INFO=Bellcore-dr2
  brianc | 3        | NoOp           | ${ALERT_INFO}
  brianc | 4        | Dial           | SIP/ata1|23|t

At priority 3 I can see that the variable has been set correctly, but
nothing ever gets sent out.  Everything else (e.g. the MOH) works just fine.

I'm much obliged for any help that might be lurking out there.

Thanks.

B.