[Asterisk-Users] TDM11B pinout

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Tue Sep 6 09:14:11 MST 2005

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005, Gary Smith wrote:

> I have a development with a TDM11B in it. I am trying to connect this to a
> exchange line as well as a UK telephone and are looking for some pinout
> information for the FXS port.  Is it the centre 2 pins that at the tip and ring.
>
> I have been digging around the Digium site but cannot seem to pick up this info.

On the RJ45 socket its is pins 4 and 5 (aka the middle 2 pins).

An rj11 also can be used and fits the socket fine by design.  In that case
its the middle 2 pins (2 and 3).

If you are in the UK you will know about the UK three-wire system for
premises wiring.  Some UK phones may not ring when connected to a TDM
board; if that happens you need to go to Maplin and buy the RJ11 plug to
BT socket adapter that INCLUDES THE RINGING CAPACITOR.

Steve