[Asterisk-Users] Routing Time, Cisco vs. Asterisk

Mohammed Smadi smadim2 at grads.ece.mcmaster.ca
Tue Sep 6 08:46:32 MST 2005

Hi;

I have a setup where  i forwards a given fxo port to a fixed IP
phone all the time through my asterisk box. It takes about 12 seconds to
setup a call (from the time the call is sent on the PSTN until it reaches
the IP phone).   I replace my asterisk box with a Cisco 1760V gateway and
the time is reduced to 6 seconds for the same exact experiment.  Does any
body have an idea how i can shave the 12 seconds on the asterisk box?
Like can i reduce the number of rings before the asterisk box routes the
call or any other parameters that can reduce the timing.

Thanks
M.Smadi