[Asterisk-Users] Can get IAX connection but no SIP connection?

Tim P panterafreak at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 08:24:37 MST 2005

Ok I have a box with 2 nics, one "outside" and one "inside" (192.168.8.x)
I want to get connections for sip and iax on the outside connection

I have a firewall on the box but have opened the followng ports

pbx 5060-5070 udp + tcp
pbx 4569 udp
pbx 5036 tcp
pbx 2727 udp
pbx 10000-20000 udp
pbx 69 udp

This allows me to connect with iax but sip fails registration with a 408. I
watch the console and don't see a registration reuqest come in.
I also made an entry in sip.conf to for bindaddr = myoutsideip

Any idea of what I am missing? I see nothing in the logs pretaining to my
sip connection.

I am running asterisk 1.0.9 with verbosity 5 in my logs.