[Asterisk-Users] SIP Callgroups

Wolfgang Pichler madmin at dialog-telekom.at
Tue Sep 6 01:47:21 MST 2005

Hi all,

at time i am trying to get a better idea of callgroups and pickupgroups
(especially within the SIP Channel)

A Pickupgroup is relative clear - everyone in the same pickupgroup may
pickup a call

And a callgroup does what ? - The same ?

I thought that a callgroup would act like the ZAP groups - so that you
then can dial SIP/g1 - and every SIP Client which is in the callgroup 1
does then ring - Why isn't this so - What sense does it make to define
callgroups - when you then have to specify each SIP Client in the Dial
Command to get the callgroup Working ?

Hope someone here can clearify this for me...

regards,
Wolfgang