[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk overheating on VIA Epia M Series motherboard

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Mon Sep 5 18:17:30 MST 2005

C F, that is generally true but VIA actually sells these boards with
fanless CPU(feature). Get a good fan(the kind you want blowing in your
face on a hot day). Position it so it blows lots of air into the open
case. If that provides greatly extended runtime for asterisk, you know
it is a heat problem. If you are using a DC-DC fanless power supply you
probably need to add a case fan. The CPU heatsink dissipates heat into
the surrounding air. That heat needs to get out of the case somehow.