[Asterisk-Users] Re: Re: Nokia 32 Terminal

AbdelRahman Tarzi artarzi at batelco.com.bh
Mon Sep 5 16:57:13 MST 2005

The special cable is to PROGRAM the unit not to CONNECT it
There are separate port on the Nokia 32 to connect to a telephone SET and
another port to connect to a telephone "LINE".. But in order to prepare the
Nokia 32 to work as an FXS you need to PROGRAM it.

You need to isolate whether it is something wrong with the Nokia 32 - just
connect an ordinary telephone set and dial out..(in fact, before dialling
out, listen to the dialtone. Is it normal ? Or is there an sms tone
indication as in (--- --- ---) If it does not work send a message to
feedback.nokia32 at nokia.com

If it is actually connected as an extension (i.e. you are using the Nokia 32
as an FXS connecting maybe to an FXO port on an spa3k or something) then you
need to program it in several ways - FOR THAT YOU WILL NEED HARDWARE.