[Asterisk-Users] TDM400 and Phone does not 'ring'

Gary Smith gary at pbltd.net
Mon Sep 5 14:22:39 MST 2005

Hi Alex,

Sounds very much like the FXS card is unable to drive enough power to ping more
than 1-2 phones. I am also assuming you have the external power connected to the
PCI card.

In the UK the phone specification must be able to do this with 4 parallel phones
at an average acoustic sound pressure level from each.

I am still trying to get my FXS card working, but as soon as I do, I will make
some checks to see how it performs.

Thanks

Alex Ongena wrote:
> I have a running * with a TDM40B board in it.
> I have 3 analog phones that works (rings) perfectly when connected
> to a Telco POTS line.
> When connected to the Digium TDM40B (with FXS port), I have problems
> with 'ringing':
> 1 phone 'ringes' normally
> 1 phone 'ringes' a bit cripled (instead of ring-ring... ring-ring..., it
>   does  'ring-ri... ri.... ring... ri...)
> and the 3rd one does not ring at all when Asterisk says 'Ringing Zap/6'.
> However, when I do an 'off-hook' on this phone, I get tone signal and
> can dial and talk perfectly.
>
> I have phones compliant to the Belgium (Belgacom) Telco specs.
> Are there differences in 'Ring Voltage' ?
>
> Anyone with a suggestion ?
>
> Thanks
> Alex
>
> --
> NEW: aXs GUARD hands-on Trainings v.7.0
> more info at http://www.axsguard.com/indextraining.htm
>
> aXs GUARD has completed security and anti-virus checks on this e-mail
> (http://www.axsguard.com)

Gary