[Asterisk-Users] Channalized T1 and PRI with Asterisk

Ben Brown bdkb at verizon.net
Mon Sep 5 12:59:16 MST 2005

Preparing to order a T1 (not PRI) for our asterisk box. The telco has
offered me several options that I am not sure of. Which would be best
for use with asterisk? The box has the Digium card in it, BTW.

1. Dial Tone - No, Yes - Precise, Yes - SCC
2. Framing - SF, ESF
3. Line Coding - AMI, B8ZS
4. Signaling Type - Ground Start, E&M, Loop Start w/Ring, Loop Start w/o Ring
5. Pulse Mode - DTMF, MF
6. Outpulse Start - Wink, Immediate, Seizure
7. If Seizure then - Origination, Digit Collection.

On a related note, am I correct that the only major differences with a
PRI are faster call setup time and the caller ID information on the D
channel? Are there any significant differences in sound quality with a
PRI? Any other advantages to giving up the extra channel seeing as the
cller ID is not really a selling point for me?

Thanks

BEN